Apple Store doesn’t have an official app for Kodi. But this doesn’t mean we can’t download Kodi over our iPhone or iPad. Apple users jailbreak their device to download Kodi. But that is surely going too far just to use a simple app on your Apple devices. Previously, users downloaded Kodi through Cydia on jailbroken iOS devices. But from now onwards you don’t have to jailbreak your Apple devices for using Kodi. Now you can download Kodi by using Tweakbox app over your device.
Tweakbox is an application installer that enables you to download and install some of the apps without jailbreaking your devices.
We are here with the step-by-step guide for downloading Kodi app using Tweakbox without jailbreaking your device.
- On your Apple device, open Safari and search tweakboxapp.com.
- From the given link, download the application and enable the site to display you a configuration profile.
- Install the profile displayed and select “Install” again.
- After this step, the tweakbox app will appear on your home screen.
- As you open the app, some ads will pop up. Click away the ad that pops up.
- Enter the apps section, and select tweakbox apps under “Categories”.
- Now after entering tweakbox apps, search for Kodi in the search bar.
- Download the Kodi app and install the application. Kodi will now appear on your home screen.
- But, before using the Kodi app, go to Settings > General > Profile and Devices Management.
- Click under “Enterprise App” and click “Trust”.
- Press “Trust” one more time and now Kodi should be on your home screen and ready for use.
As Tweakbox is a third-party source, Apple can at times cancel the app certificate. This means that you will have to wait until the Apple gives it a greenlight for using it.