Taking a Mac backup is always a boon. A backup keeps you prepared for mishaps such as sudden unavoidable crashes. But, then there are times when a lot of old backups may just be hogging on your device’s memory. That is the time, you might want to just do away with your old backup apart from taking some essential measures, like the ones mentioned here.
Earlier deleting iPhone backups option was available in iTunes preferences. Mac’s latest version, macOS Catalina has done away with iTunes, and if you have old iPhone backups, you must be wondering how to delete iPhone backup on Mac. Quite contrary to what many might think, it is easy.
So, whether you are looking for ways to delete iPhone backup on Mac or searching for an answer to how to delete iCloud backup, the blog shall answer all your queries. The steps mentioned below are easy to follow and won’t take much of your time.
How To Delete iPhone Backup On macOS Catalina
Let’s first start with the steps that will help you delete iPhone backup on macOS Catalina –
- Using a lightning cable plug your iPhone to your Mac
- Launch the finder. Now, click on your iPhone located on the left-hand side of the sidebar
- Click on Backups under which you will find Manage Backups, click on that
- Select the backup or backups that you wish to delete
- Click the Delete Backup option that you will find on the bottom left corner of the window
- Once you are sure of the backup that you wish to delete, confirm the action
Note: The above steps will help you wish to delete iPhone backups on Mac. But, if you wish to know how to delete iCloud backup, you will have to follow different steps.
Before You Head On With Deleting Backup/ Backups
As mentioned in the beginning you might be deleting backup just so you can optimize storage. But, if it’s the duplicate photos on your device that are bothering you, here’s a spectacular tool to take off all your worries. Duplicate Photos Fixer efficiently scans your device for similar and duplicate photos and categorizes them in groups.
That’s it! You can now get rid of these in just a matter of clicks and have a neat, clean and organized photo gallery. Isn’t that cool?
How To Delete iCloud Backup
Deleting iCloud Backup can further be broken down into 2 parts –
(i) How you can remove iPhone, iPad or iPod touch On Your iOS Device
(ii) How you can remove backup using Mac
(i) To remove iCloud backup using your iOS or iPad OS device, follow these steps –
Note: It is important to note that if you delete the complete iOS backup on the iCloud, the iCloud will stop automatic backup of the device –
- On your iOS or iPadOS device, open the Settings
- Click on your name and then click on iCloud
- Locate the option that says Manage storage and click on it and then head to Manage Backups
You will now see the backups pertaining to your iPhone or iPad. You can choose to delete backups individually or delete multiple backups using the command or shift option for selecting multiple backups. Once you are sure of the backup/ backups you wish to delete, click on the Delete Backup option.
(ii) Here’s how you can remove backup using macOS Catalina
- Click on the Apple ID > iCloud > click on Manage
- Now, click backups present on the left and select your iOS device whose backup you no longer need and then click Delete
How Helpful Were We?
It gives us immense pleasure if our blog helps you. So, if this blog did, do let us know in the comments section below. And, for more information on queries pertaining to Mac, iOS devices, Windows, keep reading Systweak blogs.
And, we -are quite social and produce content in all possible forms. You can find us everywhere on social media by clicking on the links below.