We know Facebook as a famous social networking application. As we all know it keeps adding innovative features to maintain its position at the top of the list of top social media apps. We hope you have loved tagging your friends in the group photos which you upload on Facebook. With time, Facebook also made some enhancement to this feature. Now you receive a tag suggestion by the app itself. Most of the time these suggestions are accurate, but do you know Facebook uses face recognition technology for this? Because of face recognition when your friends try to upload a photo with you they automatically receive tagging suggestions. If you see this as a reason to worry then you can disable this feature or can limit people who will get tagging suggestions. So here is how you can control face recognition tagging suggestions on Facebook.
On The Web Page:
- Login to your Facebook account on any computer or Mac.
- From the drop, down on the strip at the top Open Settings.
- Now go to Timeline and tagging on the left pane.
- Under tagging section, you will see “Who see tag suggestions when photos that look like you are uploaded”. Click on Edit in front of it and choose No one and then Close.
That is all Now your friends will not see a tag suggestion because of face recognition on Facebook. If you want to disable this setting on the smartphone app then here is how you can do this.
On The App
- Open the app on your smartphone and tap on options given at the bottom of the app (three horizontal lines).
- Now go to Settings>Account settings> Timeline and tagging.
- Under tagging section, you will see “Who see tag suggestions when photos that look like you are uploaded” tap on it.
- You will find two options same as the webpage. Choose No one and then exit settings.
That is all you have successfully disabled tagging suggestions now your friends will not automatically get suggestions to tag you in group photos. If you have disabled the feature on the web then you do not need to do it from the application it will automatically be updated. This is how you can control Facebook from recognizing your face because now it will not have to give tag suggestions so your face will not be recognized in photos.