iOS 10 Apple introduced a revolutionary feature that recognizes faces and utilizes them to organize photos with the faces of people in them. So, every time you had to see all the photographs of a loved one, instead of flipping through all the pics, you just had to click on the thumbnail with that person’s picture. However, with iOS 11, came in a lot of changes and modifications, some of which felt like stepping out of the comfort zone. One such, modification in iOS 11 is no direct access to the option to add thumbnail with pics of people. So, here is how you can add or remove people from the photos app on your iPhone running on iOS 11.
Adding People In Photos App
- To add people in Photos app, go to the app and from the camera roll open a photo of the person you want to add.
- Next, scroll up on the photo and you will see faces in People below the photograph and some related images.
- Tap on the face of the person you want to add to People.
- On top of the screen, you will find “Add Name” option. Tap on it and type the name of the person and tap Next
- Now you may need to confirm some additional photographs of the person. Tap Done if you see a photograph which is related to the person you have just added.
- That’s it, the person you have just added will now be there in the list of people and if you want to mark them as favorite then tap on heart on their photograph in people.
Removing People In Photos App
If you see a person in the Grid of people in Photos app but you do not want to remove them, you can do so by following the below steps:
- Open photos app and tap on Now go to People (You will see a grid with different faces)
- Tap on Select and tap on faces you want to remove from People category.
- After selecting, tap on Remove given at the bottom left and then tap on Remove from People Album.
- Selected person will be removed from People, but all the photos of the person will still be there on your device.
Must Read: How to Enable One-Handed Keyboard on iOS 11
This is how you can manage People in photos of your iPhone. Keep organizing photos of people with their name and hide people by removing them from people grid.