If you have kids and have gifted them an iPad to aid their educational needs, then you need to do something extra too. Anyone below 13 years of age cannot create their own Apple ID so you must create a Child account for your kid. The purpose of this restriction is to prevent your kids from viewing any content which can distract or be unsuitable to them. Whenever your kids want to purchase any application or any content from iTunes you will get a notification and you can buy the same for them after adding them to Family Sharing.
Listed below is the whole procedure to create Apple id for kids and add them to Family Sharing.
Also Read: How to Change Email ID Associated With Apple ID
Create apple id for your Kids:
- Tap on Settings from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Go to your Apple ID at the top.
- Tap Family Sharing.
- Now tap on “Create an Apple ID for a Child” at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Next on the top right of your screen.
- use the date picker to Enter your child’s birthday.
- Tap Next given on the top right.
- Now you will see Parent Privacy Disclosure after reading that tap on Agree.
- Enter the security code on the card which is already mentioned payment method. This is to verify that you are the legal guardian of the child.
- Now enter child’s first and last name and tap Next
- According to the name of the child an email id will be created and will double as your child’s Apple id. Note it down somewhere or take a screenshot. Tap next to continue.
- If you want to make some changes to the email address you can do it here.
- Next you need to create a password for your Kid’s apple id and then you need to set security questions and answers.
- Tap next and toggle “Ask to buy feature” to turn it on.
- Additionally you can turn on location sharing which will allow you to share the location of your child.
Now purchases made by your kids will go through you. Not just this, but you’ll be able to track their location and online activity through iOS Family Sharing.