Well, Microsoft Windows used ‘Windows Blue’ as a codename for Windows 8.1 and ‘Threshold’ for Windows 10, and from 2016 onwards, the codename is ‘Redstone’.
Talking about Redstone, Microsoft announced Insider Preview Build 17677 Windows 10 Redstone 5 update coming this fall in 2018. The software giant will release the developed version later this year, but the preview version is out for now, which also includes Windows 10 latest Update features.
So, today, in this article, we will be talking about Microsoft’s newly released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17677 Redstone 5 update and what’s in it!
Improvements in Microsoft Edge
Now, there will be more streamlined settings in Microsoft Edge. Microsoft redesigned the ‘Settings and more’ menu, to find options much easily. The menu is now organized in groups and categories, with different icons for each category. For some of the commonly used options, Keyboard shortcuts are also applicable with the new update. Let’s see some of the features that just made our Microsoft Edge experience much better.
1. Pin Websites to The Taskbar
Now, you can add most used websites to your taskbar. For his, go to More (…) and Select ‘Pin this page to the taskbar’.
2. Add Translator Extension for Websites
With Translator extension, you can now translate all the websites instantly in more than 50 languages. It will only work when Translator finds out that there is content to translate. Just press the extension for instant translation. You can download Translator Extension from the Microsoft Windows Store.
3. Print the Content You Want
With this feature is Microsoft Edge, you can now print content that matter. For this go to More (…), and select Print, from Print, you can enable Clutter-free printing.
Note: This feature only works on web pages where reading view is available.
Redesigned Mobile Broadband (LTE) Connectivity on Windows 10
Microsoft after 20 years is finally transforming the networking stack through the NetAdapter Framework. By this, a more reliable network driver model is introduced.
In it a new and better Mobile Broadband USB class driver is introduced, based on the NetAdapter framework in Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17655. This redesigning will improve connection reliability for Computers running on Mobile Broadband (LTE), irrespective of what they use, a sim card or USB modem.
Some General Improvements & Changes
- In Microsoft Edge, on pressing F1, Instead of Microsoft Edge Tips, it will redirect you to the Microsoft Edge Support Page.
- Now, the volume icon will appear on the tab in Microsoft Edge, when audio is played. All you have to do is, drift your mouse over the tab playing audio, and a volume icon will appear from where you can set the volume.
- Now, you will be able to find and open local file like PDFs in History section of Microsoft Edge.
- Now, from Command Prompt Windows, you’ll be able to create a new CMD window tab, for this go to cmd (Command Prompt) and type ‘start cmd’. This will open another Command Prompt Window. Likewise, you can open notepad and other applications also.
Issues Fixed In Windows 10 Redstone 5 Update
- Fixed the issue when Alt + Tab is used, which was causing Narrator to read extra text in tabs.
- Issue was fixed, where Ctrl + Shift + Left is used to select backwards in Notepad wouldn’t work at the end of a line.
- Fixed an issue where double-clicking text in Command Prompt only designated up to the first punctuation mark.
So, these were some of the latest features and fixes that came out with Windows 10 latest update.
If you found this helpful, please let us know. Give us your feedback in the comments box below.