The evolution of Smartphones has certainly lead us to click more and more pictures every day. We can use our Smartphone’s camera anytime to capture our most beautiful memories no matter where we are, what we’re doing. But as we’re clicking snaps in bulk quantities, we surely need an effective photo management tool which keeps all our memories safe at a secure cloud location. And which app can be better than Google Photos to do this, right?
Google Photos comes with a variety of useful features which are often overlooked by us. So, let’s discuss some of Google Photos best features to effectively organize all your pictures on Smartphone.
1. Create Albums, Books and Movies
If you’re already using Google Photos app since a long time, then there’s a big chance that by now it must’ve clogged a lot of space with infinite random pictures, isn’t it? So, won’t it be great if you take a little bit of time and organize all your pictures into albums? Well, yes Google Photos can help you do that in a just a jiffy.
- Launch Google Photos app on your Smartphone and tap the “Assistant” button at the bottom.
- Now you’ll see a bunch of options on the screen whether you want to create an Album, Photo Book, Movie, Animation, or Collage.
- Explore each of these options and organize your photo library effectively by keeping all your pictures sorted in various folders.
2. Share Albums With Friends
No matter whether you’re a professional photographer or not, but if you have a Smartphone then it’s pretty obvious that you must like clicking pictures of your favorite meals, your pets or your kids maybe. Luckily, Google Photos offers an easy way that allows you to share your beautiful memories with your friends and family. Here’s what you gotta do.
- Head on to Shared libraries feature in Google Photos app.
- Pick the person you want to share photos with.
- Now select the photos which you want to share, whether you want to share your entire library or just a few of them by selecting either one of the option. And that’s it!
But if you don’t wish to use this new “Shared Libraries” feature by Google, you can always stick to the traditional method of sharing as well. Head on to your photo library in Google Photos app and long press on any one image to enter selection mode.
Now select as many photos as you want, tap the Share button, pick your contact and it’s done!
3. Easy Editing Options
Not many of us are aware about this but Google Photos comes with an amazing inbuilt editor which can be used to make minor tweaks on your images instantly. You can easily add filters, automatically enhance the image, or crop it.
To use the Google Photos quick inbuilt editor follow these steps:
- Open any photo in the app and tap the three lines icon from the bottom bar.
- The basic window that appears, allows you to add a bunch of cool filters on your image.
- For advanced options, again tap on the three line-looking button that you used to get to the editor in the first place.
- Here you can play around with some more editing features like adjusting lighting levels, color contrast etc.
4. Archive Your Photos
If you’re one of them who finds it way too difficult deleting random pictures, then you might use Google Photos Archive option instead. This is surely one of Google Photos best features which can help you save some space and keep your library light.
- Open Google Photos app and slide the left menu.
- Tap on “Archive”.
- In the archive button hit the “Add Photo” icon on the top right corner to select the photos which you’d like to archive right now.
- Once you’re done selecting the pictures, hit the “Done” button.
In this way, your photo library won’t seem too clogged up and neither you have to get rid of your favorite pictures.
So folks, were you aware about these awesome Google Photos features? If not then try these right away to keep your memories well managed and organized.